Last Updated 01/03/2020
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Your Rights & Choices
- Updates & Changes
- Contact Us
Collection of Personal Information
Mobivity collects, uses, and stores consumers' personal information on behalf of our clients. This section outlines Mobivity’s collection of personal information in two categories: (1) information provided directly; (2) information collected automatically.
Information Provided Directly
Consumers may be asked to provide personal information when they sign up for SMS offers or join the Belly loyalty program through any of Mobivity's clients. The following is a list of personal information supplied directly by the consumer:
- Mobile Number. When a consumer opts-in to SMS offers with one of Mobivity's clients or signs up for Belly, the consumer's mobile number is collected and stored.
- Email Address. Mobivity captures consumer email addresses when a consumer sign's up with Belly. Mobivity then tracks the consumer's email each time they sign in at participating locations.
- Zip Code. When a consumer opts-in to a messaging campaign, consumers may provide their zip code.
Information Collected Automatically
Consumers' personal information may automatically be collected by Mobivity when making purchases, subscribing to SMS offers, opening & redeeming SMS offers, and/or signing up for Belly at participating client locations. The following is a list of personal information that Mobivity collects automatically:
- Device Information. When a consumer opens or redeems an SMS offer, or checks in using Belly, Mobivity collects the device's user agent (browser type/version and operating system/version).
- IP Address. When a consumer opens or redeems an SMS offer, or checks in using Belly, Mobivity collects the device IP address.
- Geolocation Data. If a consumer chooses to share their location on their mobile device, Mobivity may gather the consumer's device location when they are interacting with an SMS offer. If a consumer does not have their location services enabled, Mobivity may then utilize a consumer's network connection to gather the consumer's device location based on the nearest cell tower while interacting with an SMS offer.
- Products or Services Purchased. When a consumer redeems an offer using a QR code, Mobivity collects data on additional products purchased at time of offer redemption (unique to mobile number).
- Demographic Information. If a consumer is connected to Facebook through Belly, Mobivity may gather information on their gender and age.
- User ID. When a consumer signs up for the Belly loyalty program, refers a friend to the SMS program or is referred by a friend, Mobivity gathers and stores their unique user ID.
- Visit/Check-In Information. When a consumer visits and checks into a location through Belly, Mobivity collects and stores this information.
- Reward Redemption Information. When a consumer redeems rewards through Belly, Mobivity collects and stores this information.
- First & Last Name. In cases where Mobivity stores a client's point of sale receipts, Mobivity may gather first and last name if it appears on a point of sale transaction. Additionally, when a consumer signs up for the Belly loyalty program, it captures their first and last name.
- Email Address. In cases where Mobivity stores a client's point of sale receipts, Mobivity may gather email address if it appears on a point of sale transaction.
- Phone Number. In cases where Mobivity stores a client's point of sale receipts, Mobivity may gather telephone number if it appears on a point of sale transaction.
Use of Personal Information
Mobivity may utilize the personal information gathered (directly and automatically) in any of the following ways:
- Contact consumers with customized content on behalf of our clients
- Identify consumers when they visit a client location
- Analyze and improve client offers
- Compliance with applicable law (such as TCPA)
Sharing of Personal Information
Mobivity processes personal information solely for our clients' purposes to provide consumers with service. Mobivity does not sell, share or rent personal information in any way to third party service providers, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and others nor does Mobivity access, store, transmit or process payment card information.
On occasion, Mobivity may be required to provide its partners and other service providers with data submitted by mobile participants in order to support requirements for a specific campaign. For example, users might submit their zip code to check their eligibility to purchase a product or service, where the zip code information needs to be queried in an external database to Mobivity’s network. Mobivity may also provide log files and other data of user information to third parties for analysis to get a better understanding of general behavior for the sole purpose of improving our service and content offerings.
In compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the published policies and consumer best practices of the Mobile Marketing Association, Mobivity provides and builds into all products and services the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice for all consumers who choose to no longer receive mobile communications from Mobivity.
If you wish to opt-out of Mobivity mobile communications, you may do so by texting one of the keywords (STOP, CANCEL, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, QUIT, etc.) to any Mobivity mobile communications you receive.
Your Rights & Choices
Consumers have the right to access and/or delete the personal information that Mobivity holds on them. You may exercise any of these rights by directly contacting the client you currently receive offers for.
Please note that Mobivity may not be able to fulfill all requests for deletion of personal information. This applies to cases where it would restrict compliance with other legal obligations (e.g. TCPA).
Mobivity uses a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to protect all stored data, personal and otherwise, from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When Mobivity transmits and processes personal information, Mobivity takes reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, as well as alteration and destruction. These precautions are part of our services to our clients and are under continual analysis for applicability and effectiveness. Mobivity supports online security using secure server technology, state-of-the-art security arrangements and facilities to prevent abuse.
Mobivity does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If Mobivity learns that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, such data will be deleted from our systems.
Updates & Changes
- US Mail Inquiries: Mobivity Corporation, 55 North Arizona Place, Suite 310, Chandler, AZ 85225
- Telephone Inquiries: (877) 282-7660