As more restaurant and retailers look to target customers on the move, SMS is becoming an increasingly important part of an effective multi-channel marketing mix.
However, with few restaurants and retailers featuring SMS as a core part of their digital marketing strategy their potentially missing out on engagement with customers and increased ROI.
Many restaurant and retail marketers I speak with mistakenly believe that mobile marketing requires heavy investment in apps and does not allow for personalized, targeted communication and lacks strong analysis to support a return on investment. The reality is access to mobile communications is far easier than perceived today and gaining access to mobile consumers can be as simple as sending a personalized, targeted text message. But don’t just take my word for it. Here are 10 reasons why you should seriously consider SMS/Text Message Marketing as part of your mobile marketing communications mix.
- 78% of consumers believe SMS/Text Messaging is fastest way to reach them
- 90% of all SMS/Text Messages are read within 3 minutes
- SMS campaigns have over 7 times greater performance than email campaigns
- 90% of mobile device users who were enrolled in SMS loyalty clubs felt they had benefited from being involved in the program
- Coupons delivered via SMS have redemption rates 10 times higher than those of printed coupons
- 75% of mobile phones worldwide are enabled to receive SMS/Text Messages
- SMS/Text Messaging will surpass apps in importance
- 50% of consumers in the U.S. make direct purchases after receiving an SMS branded text/QR code/discount coupon
- SMS/Text Message marketing is predicted to contribute a 40% growth rate of revenues by 2017
- 98% of people will open an SMS/Text Message sent to their phone versus 27% of people who will open an email sent to a mobile device
With unprecedented open rates and continued growth SMS/Text Message Marketing is a quick and effective way to reach your customers on the move.
To learn more about how you can reap the benefits from SMS Marketing to increase customer frequency, spend, and engagement for your restaurant or retail chain fill out the form below. Have you already started on your SMS marketing journey? I’d love to hear your tips and tricks in the comment section below!